Hi APBA Fans,
The Prairieland 3 APBA Baseball Tournament team selection draft order is set!
First, the 411 on the tourney:
April 28th, 2018
Location: The Ramada Inn, Springfield Illinois
3281 Northfield Drive, Springfield, Illinois 62704
Conference room, second floor.
First Pitch: 9am
Phone # 217-523-4000
The rules are listed here. For those who have played at Prairieland before, the only major difference is that we are NOT using the DH. Since this is a Golden Age tourney, the pitchers will bat.
Which teams will we be using? We’ll be choosing from teams between 1920-1960. Eric Berg literally put managers’ names in a hat and picked them out (yes, there is a video of this).
Here is the order the managers will be choosing the teams. Team selection will commence soon!! Thanks to Eric and Todd Daniels for the help on this!
[I am updating this list as each manager chooses their team]
- Kyle Daniels: 1928 Philadelphia Athletics
- Chris Strangeman: 1931 New York Yankees
- Dave Rueck: 1930 Chicago Cubs
- Todd Daniels: 1923 Cleveland Indians
- Joe Schall: 1951 Brooklyn Dodgers
- Tom Fulton: 1931 New York Giants
- James Welch: 1947 Boston Red Sox
- Eric Ney: TBA
- John Gedwill: 1954 Chicago White Sox
- Mark Dyel: 1922 St. Louis Browns
- Dave Kagel: 1920 Chicago White Sox
- Thomas Nelshoppen: 1930 Philadelphia Phillies
- Jeff Boeding; 1930 New York Yankees
- Kurt Bergland: 1954 Brooklyn Dodgers
- Quinn Naugle: 1952 St. Louis Cardinals
- John Roels: 1927 Philadelphia Athletics
- Eric Berg: 1930 Washington Senators
- Rob Spatz: 1942 Brooklyn Dodgers
- Dick Butler: 1927 Chicago Cubs
- Bob Eller: 1956 Milwaukee Braves
- Ryan Daniels: 1924 Pittsburgh Pirates *
- Scott Dike: 1922 St. Louis Cardinals *
- Dave Chestnut: 1954 Milwaukee Braves *
* post-draft selection
If you did not register and are interested in participating in the Prairieland 3 tourney, it’s not too late! Shoot me an email and let me know. Once the initial draft is over, it is first come, first serve.
If you did register and your name is on this list, sit tight. We’ll be starting the draft soon and you should be hearing from us soon (if you’re on Facebook, follow Eric’s Red 11 Facebook page).
Good luck on your choices, gentleman!